Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Cheer Ashley On!


Hey Champlain can I get an attitude check!?

My name is Myles and I am a fourth year Champlainer taking a joint major in Biology and Philosophy. In my first year I lived right in K/L Tower and then proceeded to be an ISW Team Leader as well as joined College Cabinet as a Social Representative.

But enough about me. I am here to tell you all about an amazing opportunity that we as Champlainers have! Ashley Brzozowicz is a Canadian Olympic Rower and is also our Scholar/Athlete in Residence this year! Right now Ashley is in London for the 2012 Summer Olympics and is very busy with preparation and training.  I want to show her that Champlain is behind her 100% for a great Olympic games!

Our College Head, Dr. Mike Allcott, gave Ashley a Champlain scarf before she left for the Olympics, making her an official Champlainer! This means that a Champlainer is in London right now showcasing her skills in front of the world representing Canada. As an official Champlainer we need to show her as much support as we can and also CHEER as loud as we can, something Champlain does best!

Throughout Ashley's time and progress in London I will be posting updates as well as cheers on the Champlain College Facebook page. I want all of you to check out these updates as well as comment your own cheers and "Like" my comments to show Ashley that she not only has Canada behind her but Champlain College as well! 

Thanks,

Myles Latter

No comments:

Post a Comment