Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Champlain Haroldtown Tour and Sustainable Trail Building Seminar


Hi Champlainers!
As I have mentioned earlier in the year my name is Myles Latter and I am a fellow Champlainer! I am working with Champlain this year to encourage more involvement from students, but especially off-campus students. The reason for this is because Champlain always shows the best interest and attitude towards an Active Living lifestyle. What my job is then is to plan and attend events that will get some of the off-campus, as well as on-campus, students involved.
This is why I am excited to introduce my first event! This first event will be held on October 13th! It will be a mountain bike ride through the trails at Haroldtown, a local ex-ski hill now turned into some amazing single and double tracks by some local trail builders. I have friends from Wildrock and the Peterborough Cycling Club who will be coming with us and making sure the trail is safe and fun for all levels. This means that anyone who is a Champlainer can come out and enjoy this ride. But I’m not done there. After the ride everyone, and anyone Champlain affiliated, is invited to come to Splice after where there will be presentations done by some of the trail builders who made Haroldtown the amazing place that it is. The presentations will focus on sustainable trail building and also the history of Haroldtown and how anyone can get involved.
I will be making a Facebook group which I will post a link to later but I am hoping that anyone who is interested comes out to this event and likes the Facebook group.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at mlatter@trentu.ca
Thanks,
Myles Latter
More Info to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment