Sunday, August 15, 2010

It's only 23 sleeps away...

I am not sure how the rest of you readers feel but it feels as though the summer has just flown right by. Many of you will be starting a new school year at Trent. Whether it's your first year, or it's your fourth, you are about to start a new year of challenges, laughs and memories at an amazing university. I am currently arriving back to my home in Ajax and for the first time in 4 years, it feels very different because I know I will not be returning to Trent and to my home Champlain College this fall.

This fall I will be starting at a new school, in a new city, with only a few friends. So many of the newcomers to the university I am sure can appreciate some of these feelings. We all embark on new beginnings but these beginnings are marked by epic endings. I had the best 4 years of my life at Trent and especially in the college that is home of the wild. What I now know is that Trent University prepared me to open the next chapter in my life, just as many of your high schools have done for you. Even though my time at Trent has come to a close, I know that it will always be a part of where I come from. As many of you are packing up your rooms at home, and are looking for memories to bring with you, don't forget about the new memories that you will create as soon as you get to Trent.

Some of my best memories at Trent University come from Introductory Seminar Week (ISW). This is the first time in 4 years that I am not gearing up for ISW, nor will I have the privilege to participate in it. ISW is the time when you meet some of your closest friends and people who could become your lifelong friends. My message to the newcomers is make sure you participate in at least one activity. Whether you go to the Great Race, High Table Dinner, you go to every cheer off, or you are the first one up and last one in bed each day, try to make it out to ISW because it could be the place that marks your first and best memories of Trent.

I hope you all will enjoy your last 23 days at home. I know that my summer before I started my Undergrad was the best summer of my life because it was the closing of an epic chapter and the marking of a magnificent beginning. As I write this towards the end of my summer of my Undergrad, I am experiencing many of the same emotions because it means I am closing another epic chapter and I am about to embark on a brand new and exciting beginning in Ottawa. Good Luck to everyone in their first few weeks of school, I hope you all will fall in love with Champlain as many of us have!

No comments:

Post a Comment