Tuesday, November 16, 2010

VOLUNTEERING IS A PART OF LEARNING


My experience in Canada, especially in Peterborough has been a great opportunity for me and volunteering is something I have particularly enjoyed. There is a big difference when I compare my country. I see and hear but still all of the news about weather is difficult to me to adapt because my home country is not cold like here. I have learned a lot of things I want to share some of them with you:

Environment. I really like all the surrounding areas at Trent University as well as Recycling. I saw some organization which deals with the issue of environment by plating trees as well as vegetables. These kinds of things that students do by volunteering are part of learning that make students to participate in various activities which they like. One of the organizations is called the Sustainable Trent garden. So through that explanation that is a good things which I learn although we have at home, but also this is good chance to explain in my community as well as school how to protect our environment by keeping it clean as well as recycling.

Education is most the most important thing. Trent University provides the opportunity for students to study as much as you can. Everything around you is a part of learning. I would like to say that education is not a way to escape poverty. Study hard my fellow friends, this is the key of success that is in your hand.

Share ideas and meet with different people. This has allowed me to better know myself and also to know each other, and also through their events, because when we meet we share ideas with some ESL students as well as some volunteer who come to the TIP office and that make me to learn through the sharing of ideas.

People are so kind,they are so helpful and they help me in all ways and now I am aware because of the people who are working with me together at the TIP office as well as my work placement counterpart (IVAN) who always try to teach me how to do some work which I don't know, and through that make my work to be a part of learning to me I would like to say I improve my knowledge although is a short time which I spend there.

The way we cooperate in my office shows how people work together. This makes me feel good always when I am here.

Also another one is meeting i like the way we made the decision or the way we do things together by sitting and talking what is going on,do you are busy enough,planning about up coming event this a some of thing which we took when we meet at the Meeting and that make a person to fill good because we got opportunity to talk their ideas.

I believe through TIP office people they can learn different things through crossing culture because people from different parts of the world they meet and cross culture and make to feel you have right to go different country and people they can aspect you with you culture,and that make to fill every where is your home and that build good partnership among the country.

I would like to say that i real like my work placement as well as host community because all things which i saw and learning are good this means no culture shock to me.
Thanks very much Champlain College,Trent international program (TIP),DR.Mike,Kate,Kllye,Julia,Cath and Elena


I LEAVE MESSAGE:
Life must be measured by thought and action,not by time.No one can do everything,but everyone can do something.What you do,depends on you.
FROM: ADOLPHINA J. MWAKILAMBO
COUNTRY:TANZANIA 2010
CANADA WORLD YOUTH (CWY)

2 comments:

  1. Adolphina, You absolutely rock! Many thanks for this post, and for all that you have done to support TIP and Champlain. All the best, Dr. Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for everything you have done at TIP, Ado! You have been a breath of fresh air and your smile has warmed even the coldest of days while you have been with us. Hugs, Cath

    ReplyDelete