Wednesday, February 16, 2011

CC Entertainment

With mid-terms all coming up my procrastination is ranging!
MOVIES!

So this week I'll review 2 films for you.

First:

Burlesque



Year:
2010
Approximate Running Time: 119 minutes (Just under 2 hours)
Starring: Cher as Tess, Christina Aguilera as Ali, Cam Gigandet as Jack.
My Summary: This movie is obviously similar to Moulin Rouge, there's woman dancing with big feathers, singing (it is semi-musical, however the musical numbers are in the burlesque show), and the provocative dance numbers. There's a little romance, there's a little fighting, however not so much comedy. (Sorry Dr. Mike - I might have said there was.) Finally there's the million dollar question - how in the hell do they pay the bills?
In my opinion: If you enjoy a musical and mediocre acting then watch this movie! After watching this movie, I wanted to download the sound track just for 'pump up'/get ready songs as most of them are lots of fun, and they're catchy. Again, this is 100% chick flick film, so ladies please do not make your boyfriend or significant other sit through this unless they're really into Cher and Christina.
Side Note: The male lead, Cam Gigandet was the 21-year-old high school Bible lover from Easy-A who got chlamydia, which took me FOREVER to figure out what other movie I saw him in. Second, the Louis Vuitton shoes shown in this movie are impossible to find. I went back as far as LV's summer 08 collection and I can't find them. :(
Over all rating (out of 5): 2.5

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1126591/

Second:

The Social Network



Year: 2010
Approximate Running Time: 120 minutes (Bang on 2 hours)
Starring: Jesse Eisenberg as Mark Zuckerberg, Andrew Garfield as Edwardo Saverin, Armie Hammer as both Winklevoss Twins, Justin Timberlake as Sean Parker.
My Summary: What do nerdy Harvard students do on Friday nights? Well for Mark Zuckerberg it involves getting dumped, drinking your sorrows, blogging about it and crashing Harvard's server. No big deal. Oh and then making a billion dollar company. Minor detail of course. But as the tag line for the movie says, "You don't get to 500 million friends without making a few enemies." The film follows the creation of Facebook, aka every university student's social life. And how Mark Zuckerberg becomes my future husband... I mean, umm. I wish? No, seriously though it follows how Facebook took over our lives and whose lives it destroyed in the process.
In my opinion: Yes, Mark Zuckerberg should marry me. OR become an alumni of Champlain. I'll accept either. Back to the film, it made me realize how much Facebook actually took over our lives. The drama is well played for the film, and it keeps you interested. This is a gender neutral film so by all mean drag your significant other to the sofa, or go alone with some popcorn and veg out.
Over all rating (out of 5): 4

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1285016/

No comments:

Post a Comment